Find it Fast:

Commercial Property Insurance

In the commercial real estate business, you need to be prepared down to the tiniest detail. Rogers & Young has the professionalism and attention to detail that gives me the peace of mind to focus on assisting my clients, instead of worrying about coverage. Whether I’m involved in closing a deal, reviewing a contract or making sure my clients and myself are properly protected, Rogers & Young has always been there for me. Their team offers all the services and support of a large national broker, but still has the small-town feeling.

— Dino D’Argenzio,
Keegan & Coppin
Keegan & Coppin

Buildings and Business Property

Property insurance can cover the buildings that you own and/or business property and inventory against physical loss or damage.

If you don’t own your building, you will still need contents coverage. In most policies, property insurance for business contents covers furniture, fixtures, inventory, office equipment and other supplies stored at your facility or off-premises. You may insure those items for replacement cost or for actual cash value (ACV), which pays only for the depreciated value of the property.

Business Interruption Coverage

If your business suffers a property loss it could cause the business to slow or close down while repairs are made. This may result in a complete or partial revenue loss depending on the length of time and the damage. From the time the loss occurs until your business is running again, insurance can replace your lost profits, and provide a source of money to pay your necessary continuing expenses, like rent, payroll, taxes, etc.

You can also buy insurance to cover any extra expenses incurred in getting your business back into operation. It may take a while once you re-open for customers to discover you are back in business, which may hurt your bottom line. To meet this need, insurance companies offer coverage for the difference between your "before loss" business income and your "after loss" business income for a month or more while you regain your customers.

Boiler & Machinery/Equipment Breakdown

Boiler and Machinery insurance covers direct damage to covered property when caused by a covered cause of loss. Covered property is any property that is owned by the named insured or is in the named insured's care, custody, or control and for which the named insured is legally liable. A covered cause of loss is a sudden and accidental breakdown of the insured's boiler and machinery equipment or any part of the equipment described in the policy. Boiler and machinery insurance is necessary because commercial property policies exclude explosion of steam boilers and breakdown of machinery.

Earthquakes & Flood

Earthquake insurance is a form of property insurance that pays the policyholder in the event of an earthquake that causes damage to the property. Most earthquake insurance policies feature a high deductible, which makes this type of insurance useful if your entire building is destroyed. Rates depend on location and the probability of an earthquake. Rates may be cheaper for frame and steel buildings, which withstand earthquakes better than buildings made of concrete or concrete block.

Inland Marine

Inland Marine Insurance provides coverage for goods in domestic transit, goods of customers, moveable equipment, and unusual property. Property of certain dealers and instrumentalities of communication and transportation are also covered. In short, inland marine insurance provides coverage for loss exposures that cannot be conveniently or reasonably confined to a fixed location.

Contractors’ Equipment or Installation Floater

Protects the extensive business investment you've made in your equipment. Coverage also is available for supplies and materials designated for installation.

Builders Risk

This program insures commercial buildings under construction against damage from fire, windstorm, theft and other exposures. Coverage also applies to property while in transit and during temporary storage. This may apply to a single location or may be written to cover multiple locations.

To receive more information regarding this program click here.